Goodwill Commercial Services has been providing high-quality janitorial services
to central Indiana businesses and government buildings for more than 35 years.
Automated cleaning (vacuum, scrubbers, electrostatic sprayers)
As our customers attest, we take pride in our work and make it a priority to ensure our services align with industry standards, allowing us to deliver top-notch results.
Certifications and licenses include:
- Clean Industry Management Standards-Green Building (CIMS-GB) certified
- Registered Building Service Managers (RBSM) certified supervisors
- Pandemic cleaning certifications from Global Biorisk Advisory Council and the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration
- Cleaning Management Institute (CMI) certified janitors
Goodwill employs 125 individuals through our AbilityOne janitorial contracts. The AbilityOne program is among the largest sources of employment in the United States for individuals who are blind or have significant disabilities. Established in 1938, the program is administered by the U.S. AbilityOne Commission®, an independent Federal agency. The Commission has designated National Industries for the Blind and SourceAmerica® as the central nonprofit agencies facilitating the program.
In spring 2021, Corey Starks, Team Leader of janitorial services at the Major General Emmett J. Bean Federal Center, was selected as the recipient of SourceAmerica’s Evelyne Villines Award, which recognizes an individual with a disability who has advanced from work on an AbilityOne contract into management within their nonprofit agency. Watch Corey’s story below.
“Some [persons with] disabilities just need structure, and they will be your best workers.”
Corey Starks | Team Leader,
Goodwill Commercial Services
Janitorial Training Program
Many of Goodwill’s AbilityOne janitors first complete Goodwill’s Janitorial Training Program. This program is designed for individuals with barriers to employment who have little or no prior work history, a sporadic work history or have an interest in learning skills associated with janitorial/housekeeping work in a commercial setting. This intensive, 24-week training program includes a paid internship through Goodwill and features three levels:
- Skill development; obtaining the technical and soft skills needed to find and keep a job
- Case management services throughout the duration of the training program
- Weekly assessments and feedback
Those who successfully complete all three levels will receive a Janitorial Certificate.